RN BSN, School Nurse
The end of the school year is quickly approaching.
Pollen counts are up. The weather is becoming nicer. There are things you can do to keep yourself healthy in the summer.
- Wash hands often with soap and warm water.
- Drink plenty of fluids and get LOTS of rest
- Make healthy choices for mealtime
- Cough into your elbow and not your hands
- Wear clothes appropriate to the weather
- Know where your inhaler and allergy medication is
- Wear sunscreen
- Think about where you are going and choose appropriate footwear, flip flops are not always the best choice
- Wash your hands often!
Please pick your emergency medications on the last day of school. Medications not picked up with be disposed of appropriately.
Apply sunscreen in the morning before sun exposure.
Drink plenty of fluids.
Wear appropriate shoes. Flip-flops are not good for running and playing.
Keep yourself healthy by washing your hands often and wearing weather appropriate clothing. Wear sunscreen for in the sun play time.